What is Dynamic Tape?
Dynamic Tape is a unique, strongly elastic tape developed by an Australian Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist which is used in the treatment of many sporting, musculoskeletal and neurological conditions.
What are the advantages of Dynamic Tape?
- Highly breathable, allowing water in to wash the skin but quick to dry
- Extremely soft to touch, long lasting and highly comfortable - making it one of the best athletic tapes on the market
- Has a strong adhesive which has been independently tested and rated as non-sensitizing, non-irritating and non-toxic.
- Enables full range of motion without limitation but with strong biomechanical assistance (as opposed to a primary neurophysiological approach).
- Strongly assists or resists movement, facilitates or inhibits and offloads tissue through full range of motion.
- Highly elastic, four-way stretch enables full range of motion, especially when performing complex, three-dimensional skills
- Quickly integrates into the clinician’s treatment approach and provides an additional treatment tool which combines well with other taping methods
Dynamic Tape is the original Biomechanical Tape & original Tattoo Tape featuring the beautiful tribal tattoo design created by Norfolk Island and Tahitian artist, Tihoti.
How Does Dynamic Tape Work?
In many cases the tape is applied in such a way that it mimics the action of the injured muscle or tendon. The tape is placed on the body with the muscle or joint in the shortened position and with stretch on the tape. As the muscle or joint lengthens, the tape is stretched further and thereby absorbs load just as a bungee cord decelerates the jumper, absorbing load. This reduces the eccentric work of the muscles.
Once full range is reached, the absorbed energy is stored in the form of elastic potential energy. As the muscle or joint begins to shorten, the energy is released back into the biomechanical chain as kinetic energy, thereby assisting the concentric action of the muscle. This results in decreased workload and improved biomechanical efficiency of the musculo-tendinous unit, decreased metabolic demand and improved tolerance to fatigue.
Reducing load may result in less pain, better healing (can load sooner resulting in functional stress and better scar formation), improved endurance and performance. Dramatic improvements in circulation and lymphatics have also been observed. There are a number of mechanical and physiological mechanisms that are likely to contribute.
Dynamic Tape can be included in any Massage Therapy treatment or provided as a stand alone modality. Pricing varies depending on the region being taped and the amount of tape used.
(Information has been sourced from www.dynamictape.info)