Sports Massage Therapy: For the Athlete In All of Us!
Sports Massage Therapy takes into consideration the sport specific movements which allows for a treatment based around the individual athlete's needs. Often considered a deeper treatment, it is ideal to help give you that competitive edge.
Sports Massage Therapy can help:
- Prevent, treat and rehabilitate muscle and tendon injuries
- Reduce the strain and discomfort of training and chronic strain patterns allowing for a quicker return to maximum training levels
- Enable an athlete to recover more quickly from myofascial injury with less chance of chronic problems returning
- Give a psychological boost to the athlete knowing that their injuries are well managed throughout the training process
- Promote a preventative approach to athletic training whereby soft tissues are free of trigger points and adhesions
- Improve peak neuromuscular functioning
Sports Massage Therapy is a vital component in any athlete's training program to allow that individual to achieve the highest level of performance possible.
Pre & Post-event Sports Massage Therapy
Sports Massage Therapy during the training phase focuses on the prevention of developing chronic injuries and aids in the healing process of current ones.
Pre-event Massage stimulates circulation, calms nervous tension, and prepares the athlete for optimal performance while reducing the chances of injury.
Post-event Massage helps in recover from hard training and competition.
(Information has been sourced from www.csmta.ca)